Three Cup Chicken is one of the most well known dishes from Taiwan and its key ingredients as it suggests forms from three parts – soy sauce, rice wine and sesame oil. This is a very fragrant and flavoursome dish, perfect for dinner parties or family get togethers. Its so quick and easy to make, you’ll have it ready in no time when your guests arrive!
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- 500 gram chicken drumsticks
- ¼ cup rice wine (mi chiu)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ sesame oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons raw sugar
- 5 cloves roughly chopped garlic
- 200 gram basil
1. Using a strong knife (I use a butchers knife), cut the chicken drumsticks in half.
2. In a heated pan, add the sesame oil and garlic and saute for a minute.
3. Add the chicken and fry on medium heat.
4. Once the chicken has slightly browned on both sides, add the soy sauce, rice wine and sugar.
5. Mix well, turn the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes, turning the chicken occasionally.
6. Add the basil and stir gently for 2 minutes.
7. Serve immediately with rice.
- 4-5 dried Chinese mushrooms
- 350 g (12 oz) lean beef, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 small egg
- 900 ml (1 ½ pint) beef stock
- 1 bunch watercress, stalks removed
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
How to Cook:
Soak the mushrooms in warm water for 15 minutes.
Squeeze dry and discard the hard stalks, then slice the mushroom caps.
Mix the beef, onion, salt to taste, cornflour, and egg together and shape the mixture into small balls.
Drop the meat balls into ice water for 15 minutes; drain thoroughly.
Meanwhile, heat the stock in a large pan.
Add the meat balls and cook for 10 minutes.
Add the mushrooms, watercress, spring onions and soy sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
This recipe serves 4 to 6 people.
Chinese Shredded Pork and Noodle Soup consists of pork, mushrooms, noodles, spring onions, cabbage and bamboo shoots perfect for cold winter days. So, If you have touchy stomach, We recommend to prepare this recipe and you will feel this soup made you feel good. If you enjoy Chinese meals – this is right for you.
This meal SERVES 4 to 6 persons but you can make one for you only just make an adjustment on the ingredients.
- 350 g/12 oz egg noodles
- 3-4 dried Chinese mushrooms (optional)
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 225 g/8 oz lean pork, shredded
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- few Chinese cabbage leaves, shredded
- 900 ml/11/2 pints stock
- 100 g/4 oz canned bamboo shoots, drained and shredded
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
How to Cook:
Put the mushrooms in warm water for 15 minutes (if using).
Pinch dry, remove the hard stalks, then slice the mushroom caps.
Add the pork in a bowl, Put the soy sauce and sherry and leave to marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
Simmer the noodles in boiling salted water for about 5 minutes, or until cooked then drain.
Take the stock to the boil, Put the mushrooms (if using), pork, marinade, spring onions and bamboo shoots.
Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then put the noodles and cabbage.
Simmer for 2 minutes.
Serve it hot.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 piece root ginger, finely chopped
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 50 grams plain flour
- 1-2 beaten eggs
- oil for deep frying
- Garnish ( optional )
- cucumber slices
- radish flowers
- chilli flowers
How to cook:
1. Put the soy sauce, sugar, sherry, garlic and ginger in a bowl and mix it well.
2. Put the drumstick, turn the coat and marinate for one hour.
3. Remove the chicken and reserve the marinade.
4. Put the flour in a bowl and the beaten egg then gradually mix in the marinade, stirring well to form a smooth paste.
5. Put the chicken into the mixture and turn to coat evenly.
6. Heat the oil in a wok or deep-fryer and deep-fry the chicken legs for 12 to 15 minutes until you see it’s golden brown.
7. Drain it a chicken paper. Serve it hot garnished with cucumber slices, radish flowers and chilli flowers. This recipe can serve 4 to 6 people.
This salmon recipe is delicious and healthy. Children will love it, so you can use it to prepare a good and healthy friday dinner.
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pound salmon fillet, without the skin
- 2 tp chopped cilantro
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Mix the lime juice with the syrup, the sriracha sauce and salt.
Place the salmon fillet in a baking dish and add the mixture over it. Bake for about 15 minutes.
Sprinke with the chopped cilantro and serve.
- 1 pizza crust
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 5 oz spinach
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Prebake the crust following the package directions. Let cool until you can use it.
Prepare the alfredo sauce melting the butter. Add the cream cheese, heavy cream, garlic powder, sald and pepper. Continue cooking for about 10 minutes. Add the parmesan cheese until melted.
Place the sauce over the brebaked crust. Reserve some to use for dipping.
Place the chicken and spinach over the sauce. Then add the mozzarella cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
With this cilantro pesto marinade, your children will eat shrimp very well. I used to marinate chicken before, but then I tried it with the shrimp and we really loved it.
- 1 lb medium shrimp (about 25 pieces) peeled and de-veined.
- 1/2 cup cilantro pesto
- 8 or 9 wooden or metal skewers
Marinate the shrimp for at least 2 hours. I put them at the morning if I’m going to cook it for dinner or before going to bed if I’m going to cook them for lunch.
After that, skew 2 shriom on each skewer.
Cook the shrimp on a preheated hot grill for two minutes each side.
If you are looking a healthier version of onion rings, you are in the right place. These baked onion rings are so delicious as the fried ones. And you don’t need so much oil.
Ingredients (4 people)
- 2 medium sliced onions
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Hot sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
Preheat the oven to 400º and prepare two sheets with baking paper.
In a bowl, mix the flour with the salt, the paprika and the garlic powder.
In another bowl, mix the egg, the buttermilk and the hot sauce.
Dip the onion rings in the egg mixture and then into the flour mixture. Put them across the baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip the rings and bake again for 10 minutes more.
Serve the baked onion rings with the sour cream and the barbacue sauce.
Chicken quarters are very tasty, cheap and helathy. I love to use them to cook baked chicken. In this case, I found a good recipe with many spices and flavorful. You can serve it with baked potato and onion.
- 2 chicken quarters per person.
- Olive oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
Prepare a baking tray with foil and generously coat the foil with oil.
In a bowl, mix the flour with all the spices.
Place the leg quarters in the bowl to coat the chicken with the mixture.
Place the leg quarters in the tray and bake them for 30 minutes.
After that, turn the chicken and bake again for 25 minutes. Serve
Pizza is a delicious meal to eat with family or friends on a Saturday night. Also, it is very easy to distribute. Anyway, I like to make things easier. This Pull-Apart Pizza is perfect for take small portions while you are watching tv, sports, etc.
- 11 oz refrigerated bread dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella
- Pizza toppings
Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Grease a pizza stone.
Place the dough on a cutting board and cut it in slices. You should get about 64 bread slices.
Arrange the slices on the pizza stone and top them with sauce, mozzarella ant toppings.
Finally bake it for 15 minutes and serve.