I love cooking with the microwave. It is clean, easy and fast. And you can get really elaborated and tasty recipes, such as these french toasts.
On the first place you have to take your favorite bread. I like baguette, but you can use sandwich bread too. We are going to use 2 or 3 pieces of bread per cup, so prepare so many as you will need.
Cube your bread and put some butter or olive oil inside the cup or cups. Place the bread above the butter.
Now in a separete bowl crack an egg, add 3 tbs of milk and some cinnamon. Mix it very well and put into the cups. I use one egg for two cups, but you can find your own numbers. Wait a minute and put in the microwave for one minute. After that, add ten seconds each time until it is cooked as you like.
Serve with syrup and enjoy.
Chocolate macaroons are wonderful little almond cakes. These macaroons have had their taste of cocoa and coffee.
This recipe makes 30 pc
- 125g blanched, peeled almonds
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 4 pcs egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 100 Swedish Butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pc egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
Mix the almonds finely in a blender or grind the almonds in a grinder. Mix the powdered sugar, almonds and cocoa. Stir the coffee in a little water. Beat egg whites with electric mixer. Add the caster sugar and whisk for a pretty solid meringue batter, about 2 minutes. Mix the dry ingredients and the coffee into a smooth paste.
Pipe or click out about 60 large cookies as 5 dollars on sheets with parchment paper. Let the cookies rest for at least 30 minutes, it makes the cakes will not crack in the oven. Preheat the oven to 125 degrees. Bake in the lower part of the oven about 20 min. Let the cookies cool.
Butter Cream: Place the butter in a bowl and mix with icing sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer until mixture is light and porous. Whisk the egg yolk and coffee mixed with a little water. Spread a dollop of butter cream on half of the macro limits and cover with the other half so they look like little hamburgers. Store in the refrigerator.
- 1.5 cups of cold milk
- 0.75 ml liquid margarine
- 50 grams of yeast
- 1 pc egg
- 1 tsp sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 7 cups flour
- 1 piece pressed garlic
- 150g smoked ham toppings
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 4 tablespoons chili sauce / ketchup
- oregano / pizza spice
Pour the milk and margarine in a bowl.
Crumble in the yeast and add the eggs, salt, sugar and possibly the pressed garlic clove. Stir together. Not whisk.
Work in the flour. Start with 6dl. Let rise in the bowl for 15 minutes.
Roll out the dough as a regular bun. Spread the tomato sauce, sprinkle with the spices, add the slices of ham and finally sprinkle with the cheese.
Roll up the dough and divide into about 16 pieces. Add in bull shape but have a happy baking paper on the plate anyway. The buns will be large.
Let the buns rise for 30 minutes. Brush with egg and bake for 10-12 minutes at 200 degrees. (I baked two sheets at a time in hot air oven 200gr)
Serving suggestions: Good as a snack or for the excursion. Perfect to freeze and thaw in the microwave.
That’s the good dip that gives a little extra to this salad. Avocados also contain healthy fat. You can make extra dip and serve it with vegetable sticks as a useful alternative to the Friday cosiness.
- 400 grams of peeled shrimp
- 1 package cherry tomatoes, red
- 10cm cucumber
- 0.5 pcs red onion (s)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 bag of mixed salad
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup lime (s), the juice
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 0.5 pc of garlic clove (s)
- 12 pcs tortilla chips
1 Halve the tomatoes, cucumber and red onion cut into thin slices, cut the peppers into pieces. Mix with prawns and salad.
2 Cut the avocado in a few large pieces and place in a blender. Squeeze of lime juice and add the yogurt, crushed garlic. Season with a little salt and chiliflakes. Blend until a smooth dip and taste if it needs more salt. Serve the salad with dip and tortilla chips.
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (300 g each)
- 200 g smoked ham
- 2 packets of black pudding (425 g)
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
What to do
Mix the vinegar and oil dressing. Add salt and pepper.
Shred the zucchini and cut the ham into thin strips.
Mix salad and ham. Pour over the dressing.
Slice the pudding and fry it crispy in butter. Serve with ham and mango chutney.
Three Cup Chicken is one of the most well known dishes from Taiwan and its key ingredients as it suggests forms from three parts – soy sauce, rice wine and sesame oil. This is a very fragrant and flavoursome dish, perfect for dinner parties or family get togethers. Its so quick and easy to make, you’ll have it ready in no time when your guests arrive!
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- 500 gram chicken drumsticks
- ¼ cup rice wine (mi chiu)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ sesame oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons raw sugar
- 5 cloves roughly chopped garlic
- 200 gram basil
1. Using a strong knife (I use a butchers knife), cut the chicken drumsticks in half.
2. In a heated pan, add the sesame oil and garlic and saute for a minute.
3. Add the chicken and fry on medium heat.
4. Once the chicken has slightly browned on both sides, add the soy sauce, rice wine and sugar.
5. Mix well, turn the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes, turning the chicken occasionally.
6. Add the basil and stir gently for 2 minutes.
7. Serve immediately with rice.
- 4-5 dried Chinese mushrooms
- 350 g (12 oz) lean beef, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 small egg
- 900 ml (1 ½ pint) beef stock
- 1 bunch watercress, stalks removed
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
How to Cook:
Soak the mushrooms in warm water for 15 minutes.
Squeeze dry and discard the hard stalks, then slice the mushroom caps.
Mix the beef, onion, salt to taste, cornflour, and egg together and shape the mixture into small balls.
Drop the meat balls into ice water for 15 minutes; drain thoroughly.
Meanwhile, heat the stock in a large pan.
Add the meat balls and cook for 10 minutes.
Add the mushrooms, watercress, spring onions and soy sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
This recipe serves 4 to 6 people.
Chinese Shredded Pork and Noodle Soup consists of pork, mushrooms, noodles, spring onions, cabbage and bamboo shoots perfect for cold winter days. So, If you have touchy stomach, We recommend to prepare this recipe and you will feel this soup made you feel good. If you enjoy Chinese meals – this is right for you.
This meal SERVES 4 to 6 persons but you can make one for you only just make an adjustment on the ingredients.
- 350 g/12 oz egg noodles
- 3-4 dried Chinese mushrooms (optional)
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 225 g/8 oz lean pork, shredded
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- few Chinese cabbage leaves, shredded
- 900 ml/11/2 pints stock
- 100 g/4 oz canned bamboo shoots, drained and shredded
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
How to Cook:
Put the mushrooms in warm water for 15 minutes (if using).
Pinch dry, remove the hard stalks, then slice the mushroom caps.
Add the pork in a bowl, Put the soy sauce and sherry and leave to marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
Simmer the noodles in boiling salted water for about 5 minutes, or until cooked then drain.
Take the stock to the boil, Put the mushrooms (if using), pork, marinade, spring onions and bamboo shoots.
Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then put the noodles and cabbage.
Simmer for 2 minutes.
Serve it hot.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 piece root ginger, finely chopped
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 50 grams plain flour
- 1-2 beaten eggs
- oil for deep frying
- Garnish ( optional )
- cucumber slices
- radish flowers
- chilli flowers
How to cook:
1. Put the soy sauce, sugar, sherry, garlic and ginger in a bowl and mix it well.
2. Put the drumstick, turn the coat and marinate for one hour.
3. Remove the chicken and reserve the marinade.
4. Put the flour in a bowl and the beaten egg then gradually mix in the marinade, stirring well to form a smooth paste.
5. Put the chicken into the mixture and turn to coat evenly.
6. Heat the oil in a wok or deep-fryer and deep-fry the chicken legs for 12 to 15 minutes until you see it’s golden brown.
7. Drain it a chicken paper. Serve it hot garnished with cucumber slices, radish flowers and chilli flowers. This recipe can serve 4 to 6 people.
This salmon recipe is delicious and healthy. Children will love it, so you can use it to prepare a good and healthy friday dinner.
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pound salmon fillet, without the skin
- 2 tp chopped cilantro
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Mix the lime juice with the syrup, the sriracha sauce and salt.
Place the salmon fillet in a baking dish and add the mixture over it. Bake for about 15 minutes.
Sprinke with the chopped cilantro and serve.